NEW JERSEY DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
To drive your motorcycle in New Jersey, you need to equip yourself with a motorcycle endorsement or license. To earn your motorcycle endorsement in New Jersey, you have to pass the motorcycle knowledge test and complete an on-road motorcycle test. The knowledge exam consists of a series of multiple-choice questions and is only given by NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Office.
1. Types of New Jersey DMV Motorcycle Credentials
In New Jersey, you can choose to either apply for a:
- Motorcycle license IF you do NOT already have a standard driver's license.
- Motorcycle endorsement added to your current NJ driver's license.
Both types of credentials allow you to operate motorcycles and trikes on New Jersey roads.
2. How old can I get New Jersey DMV Motorcycle License?
In New Jersey, you must be 17 years old to apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement. A motorcycle rider education course is required for all applicants under the age of 18.
3. How many questions are there in the New Jersey DMV Motorcycle Test?
The general knowledge test includes 50 multiple-choice questions that cover information about motorcycles, motorcycle drivers, and other traffic rules. To successfully pass this test, you need to get at least 40 correct answers.
The questions in the MT Motorcycle exam are based on the contents of the New Jersey Motorcycle Manual. Therefore, you should study this manual thoroughly before taking the actual test.
Take our free motorcycle permit test to get 100% ready for your real exam.
4. What documents do I need to prepare for New Jersey DMV Motorcycle?
When you visit your local New Jersey MVD office, remember to bring proof of your:
- New Jersey residency.
- Legal presence in the United States.
5. How much do I have to pay for an NJ DMV Motorcycle License?
The fees for a motorcycle license or endorsement in New Jersey are as follows:
- Motorcycle permit: $5.
- Motorcycle (Class E) license: $24.
- Motorcycle endorsement: $42.
6. How to study for the New Jersey DMV Motorcycle Permit Test?
You might not know that 40% of applicants fail their DMV written motorcycle test the first time. Don’t be one of them! Thus, your first step in studying for the Idaho motorcycle permit test is to review the New Jersey DMV Motorcycle Handbook Manual covering topics such as group riding, fatigue, carrying loads, crash avoidance and riding gear, etc.
After digesting this core material, you had better take our Free New Jersey Motorcycle Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!