NEW YORK DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
1. How can I earn my full New York DMV motorcycle license?
To obtain a Motorcycle License in New York state, you have to take the following steps:
- Earn a motorcycle learner permit
- Pass the DMV's on-road motorcycle skills test
- Pay all of the necessary motorcycle licensing fees
When you are 16 years old, you are eligible to apply for your Limited, junior motorcycle license in New York (Class MJ). When you turn 17 years old, you can apply for a Class M motorcycle license with a driver's education.
2. How can I get a NY DMV Motorcycle Permit?
When you apply for a motorcycle learner permit at your local DMV office, you need to present your Class D permit or driver's license (if applicable). Then you have to pass the written knowledge test. To pass this test, you’ll need to answer 14 of 20 questions correctly (equivalent to 70% of the total number of questions).
Also, you need to supply proof of your identity and date of birth and pay the application fees to complete the process.
3. What should I do to prepare for the written tests?
Our online motorcycle practice test is meant to assist you in your preparation for the New York State Motorcycle exam. All of our practice questions are based on the New York Motorcycle Manual. Before answering these questions, read and study the manual for the best results!
4. How much is the fee for a New York DMV Motorcycle License?
The fees associated with getting your NY motorcycle license will vary depending on your place, your age, and whether or not you already have a New York license in another class.
You can refer to the list of fees below:
- 16 and 16 1/2 years old: $85 to $95.
- 16 1/2 and 17 years old: $81.25 to $90.25.
- 17 and 17 1/2 years old: $97.50 to $107.50.
- 17 1/2 and 18 years old: $93.75 to $102.75.
- 18 and 18 1/2 years old: $85 to $95.
- 18 1/2 and 21 years old: $81.25 to $95.
- 21 years old and older: $68.75 to $82.50.
5. How to study for the New York DMV Motorcycle Permit Test?
You might not know that 40% of applicants fail their DMV written motorcycle test the first time. Don’t be one of them! Thus, your first step in studying for the Idaho motorcycle permit test is to review the New York DMV Motorcycle Handbook Manual covering topics such as group riding, fatigue, carrying loads, crash avoidance and riding gear, etc.
After digesting this core material, you had better take our Free New York Motorcycle Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!