OHIO DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
1. How many types of motorcycle licenses are there in Ohio?
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) offers several different types of motorcycle licenses:
- A TIPIC (Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card). Your TIPIC is valid for a period of one year. It will allow you to ride with limitations until you obtain a valid motorcycle license.
- A License is a restricted driver's license, which authorizes the holder to operate motorcycles only.
- A Motorcycle Endorsement is an add-on permit available to Ohio drivers who currently have a valid driver's license. It allows the owner to ride motorcycles as well as other forms of vehicles.
2. How to receive an Ohio DMV Motorcycle license?
To achieve a motorcycle license in Ohio must be at least 15 1/2 years old. Follow these steps to get an OH motorcycle license:
- Visit your local Ohio BMV office
- Provide the necessary proof of ID
- Pass the motorcycle written test
- Complete a Basic Rider's Course and/or pass the skills test
- Pay the motorcycle license fee (Varies depending on age/type.)
3. How is the Ohio DMV Motorcycle Test?
In order to obtain an OH Temporary Instruction Permit (TIPIC), you have to complete the motorcycle knowledge test and a vision test. Both tests cost no fee.
In the written test, you’ll need to answer 30 of 40 questions correctly (equivalent to 75% of the total number of questions) to pass. For the knowledge test preparation, study the Motorcycle Operations Manual as well as the Ohio Digest Motor Vehicles Laws. To help you pass your knowledge test, try taking some Motorcycle Practice Tests.
Next, you have to pass the skill test to get your license. The motorcycle skills test in Ohio is designed to guarantee that you can and will be safe while riding your motorcycle in both typical and extreme riding circumstances. The best way to prepare for the skills test is to practice as much as possible to get used to and master motorcycle driving skills.
4/ How much is the fee for an Ohio DMV Motorcycle License?
The fees to obtain your Ohio motorcycle license are determined by your age:
- Age 16 - $25.75
- Age 17 - $24.50
- Age 18 - $23.25
- Age 19 - $22
- Age 20 - $20.75
- Age 21 and older―$24.50
The deputy will collect the fee and issue your motorcycle license, which will expire 4 years plus your upcoming birthday after it has been issued.
8. How to study for the Ohio DMV Motorcycle Permit Test?
You might not know that 40% of applicants fail their DMV written motorcycle test the first time. Don’t be one of them! Thus, your first step in studying for the Idaho motorcycle permit test is to review the Ohio DMV Motorcycle Handbook Manual covering topics such as group riding, fatigue, carrying loads, crash avoidance and riding gear, etc.
After digesting this core material, you had better take our Free Ohio Motorcycle Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!