PENNSYLVANIA DMV PRACTICE TEST
A Pennsylvania driver’s license is a state-issued card that allows you lawfully operate a motor vehicle legally. The card will display your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and physical description. Keep in mind that you must have a DMV license whenever you drive a motor vehicle. To obtain a Pennsylvania DMV driver’s license, you are required to excel at knowledge and driving examinations which are administered by the state’s office only and are related to the rules of the road and driving skills.
1. Why do you need to take the Pennsylvania DMV test?
It is a must for anyone who wants to operate a motor vehicle in PA. In addition, you are only allowed to own a Pennsylvania DMV permit/license when:
- At least 16 years old: you can apply for a permit
- At least 18 years old: you can apply for a full license
2. What is included in the Pennsylvania DMV test?
Before legally driving a motor vehicle in PA, you are required to take a Pennsylvania DMV test, including a written exam and a skill test.
- Written exam: Depending on each state, the content and number of questions might be different. Specifically, the PA DMV test contains 18 multiple choice questions about traffic laws, road signs, and safe driving practices. All the content will be taken from the PA DMV driver’s manual, thus, you must understand the handbook carefully. You must get at least 15 correct questions to pass the test.
- Skill test: You are required to bring your vehicle to take the test. The test will check your ability in driving vehicle safety and road rules understanding. Make sure you are well-prepared for it by doing some practice at home.
3. What advantage can you earn from taking the Pennsylvania DMV Practice Test?
Firstly, you can explore and practice our thousand questions and tests freely. Yes, it’s totally FREE. Besides, we developed all the practice test formats and content that are closely the same as the actual test, to help you increase your skill as well as your score.
You can practice here on our website now, or download DMV Practice Test from the App Store or Store play, all free.
4. Do you need to pay for the Pennsylvania DMV test?
The cost of a PA DMV license is depended on your age. Generally, it cost you $35,50 for both permit and license. This license will expire in 4 years, on the day after your birthday. However, it is a bit different for those more than 65 years old. Your PA DMV license will expire every 2 years, so you must renew it more frequently. This type of DMV driver’s license costs only $25,00.
5. What papers should you prepare to get the Pennsylvania DMV driver’s permit?
There is a list of necessary documents that you should keep in hand before taking the PA DMV test:
- Proof of identity ( Identification card, a Birth certificate, or a Passport)
- Social Security card
- 2 proofs of residency
- For the road test, you must bring the needed documents including:
- A valid permit
- Proof of vehicle insurance (the original valid insurance card)
- Proof of vehicle registration (the original valid registration card)
- The driver accompanying you to the test must show a valid driver's license
6. How can you renew or replace your Pennsylvania DMV driver’s license?
Because PA DMV driver’s license expiration is only from 2 to 4 years, renewing it is a must if you want to keep driving. Thus, you will receive an invitation through mail to renew your DMV license about 2-3 months before it ends. There are 3 common ways to renew:
- Reply the invitation
- Download a form and fill in it, then send it by mail
- Go to your DMV and ask for an application form to renew your license.