WEST VIRGINIA DMV PRACTICE TEST
A West Virginia driver’s license is a state-issued card that gives you permission to drive a motor vehicle legally. The card will display your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and physical description. Keep in mind that you must have a license card whenever you drive a motor vehicle.
1. Is West Virginia DMV Practice the same as the actual test?
To begin with, our West Virginia DMV Practice test has the same format as the authentic test. In addition, we selected questions that directly related to the WV DMV driver’s manual. All the topics of road rules, traffic laws as well as driving safety will be included in each practice test. You can do it here or install our app to practice. With more than 500 questions categorized into topics, you can easily study and understand all the needed information for the real test.
Specifically, you are required to do a 25 multiple choice knowledge test. If you got at least 19 correct questions, you will pass the written test. That’s why you should practice carefully at home. In addition, you must do a driving/skill/road test also. In this exam, you will perform your driving ability.
2. Can you do the West Virginia DMV written test online?
To save your time and effort, the West Virginia DMV allows all citizens to take the online written test at home. You can register online on the DMV West Virginia website and take the test. However, because this is a close book test, so you are not allowed to use your wireless phone. Besides, if you are under 18, you will need a supervisor, usually your parents.
After taking the online test, if you pass, go to the nearest WV DMV office and submit all the needed documents, which will be presented below, and take the driving test. If not, you must wait at least 7 days to retake it.
3. What documents do you need to prepare for the West Virginia DMV driver’s license?
In the same way as other states, you will need to submit the following documents below:
- A verified copy of your birth certificate
- Your Social Security number (SSN)
- Two evidence of residence in West Virginia
- A valid Driver's Eligibility Certificate is required.
- A parent's or legal guardian's signed approval on a form DMV-23
4. Can you do the West Virginia DMV knowledge test in different languages?
If you are in trouble with reading or understanding English, you can choose other language options: Hindi, Spanish, and Vietnamese. If your spoken language is not on this list, you can bring your own interpreter. In addition, the sign language also will be provided by West Virginia DMV. However, you must understand English to read the road signs, because they are all in English not only in the test but also in real life.
5. How much you will pay for getting the West Virginia DMV driver’s license?
To earn your WV DMV driver’s license, you are required to pay for some checks below:
- Driver's License fee: $25,50 (WV DMV driver’s license valid in 5 years)
- Permit’s License fee: $7,50
6. Do you need to renew your West Virginia DMV driver’s license?
The driver's license provided by the WV Department of Motor Vehicles will expire after 5 years. So, if you want to keep driving your car, you'll need to renew it. You can follow our guides here:
- In-person: Visit your local DMV office to get a renewal license form.
- Email: The WV DMV will send you an invitation email for you to accept when your driver's license is about to expire
- Online: You may apply for a renewal online by visiting your state's DMV website and completing the online renewal application form.