FREE DMV Motorcycle practice tests
You can practice freely on our designed tests, with and without time-limit. In addition, you are able to customize your own test to develop your exam’s tactic.
That You Pass On Your First Try
ALABAMA DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
To safely operate a motorcycle, you need to be equipped with special skills and knowledge. To obtain a motorcycle license in Alabama, you are required to pass a knowledge test and an on-cycle skill test. Questions on the knowledge test are based on contents in the Alabama Motorcycle Operator Manual.
1. How old can you apply for an Alabama motorcycle license?
Generally, you can apply for the Alabama DMV motorcycle license if you are 14 years old. However, you can only drive a motor-driven cycle that does not exceed 150 cubic centimeters such as a scooter or mop. In addition, you must go under your parent’s control to make sure you are not violating any rules of the AL DMV motorcycle.
When you are 16, you will be allowed to take a class M motorcycle license. It provides you the opportunity to operate a motorcycle vehicle without any restrictions.
2. How can you earn an Alabama DMV motorcycle license?
2.1. Prepare the needed documents
To obtain the AL DMV motorcycle license, you are required to prepare all the papers below:
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Acceptable secondary personal identification such as a Passport
- If you are under 15, you should provide proof of school enrollment or graduation by providing: a school certificate letter, diploma, or GED
2.2. Pass the Alabama DMV motorcycle test
The Alabama DMV motorcycle test will be divided into 2 parts: the knowledge test and the road test. In order to pass the test, you must meet each test’s requirements:
- Knowledge test: A knowledge test or written test consists of 30 multiple choice questions about road rules and driving safety. All the content will be taken from the AL DMV Motorcycle operator manual. You need to answer correctly at least 24 questions (about 80%).
- Road test: In the road test section, your task is to perform your ability in operating your motorcycle and obey all the road rules.
3. Should you practice for the Alabama DMV motorcycle license?
The answer is definitely yes. It’s essential to practice before taking the real test because practice helps you remember all the needed knowledge and familiarize yourself with the format of the real test. Thus, we create this website to help you practice perfectly. In addition, we are available not only here but also in application format. Download or install DMV Practice Test now to increase your score!
4. How much does the Alabama DMV motorcycle license cost?
When you are at the AL DMV office, you will cover these payments to earn your motorcycle license:
- License fee: $36.25
- Test fee: $5.00
5. Do you need to renew your Alabama DMV motorcycle license?
Your AL DMV motorcycle license will be expired in 8 years. Therefore, if you want to continue driving your motorbike, you must renew it. It is quite easy to get your motorcycle renewed, you can choose one of three methods:
- Mail: When your license is about to expire, the AL DMV will send you an email, all you need is to accept the renewal invitation.
- Online: If you didn’t receive any emails, you can visit your DMV website, go to the renewal license part and fill in the application form.
- In-person: Traditionally, people will go to the DMV office, fill in the renewal form and take a new photo for a new license.
It will normally take 30 days to receive a new Alabama DMV motorcycle license.