CALIFORNIA DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
Riding a vehicle safely requires certain knowledge and skills. To obtain a motorcycle license in California, you must pass a motorcycle knowledge test, driver knowledge test, and knowledge tests for any other license classes required as well as pass a motorcycle skill test or earn a Certificate of Completion of Motorcycle. Questions on the knowledge test are based on information in the California Motorcycle Handbook and Driver Handbook.
1. How Many Questions Are On The California DMV Motorcycle Knowledge Test?
The California DMV motorcycle knowledge test includes 30 questions. All the questions on the real exam will test your knowledge of the California Motorcycle Handbook.
To conquer the California DMV motorcycle knowledge test with flying colors, you should thoroughly learn from the California DMV motorcycle manual. Apart from this, you can also take free California DMV motorcycle practice tests on our website. Our California DMV motorcycle practice tests have been gamified, which help you find studying more interesting than ever. After doing each DMV motorcycle practice question, you will immediately receive instant feedback comprising a correct answer with a detailed explanation. Get 100% ready for your upcoming California DMV motorcycle actual test by taking our free California DMV motorcycle practice tests right now!
2. How Many Mistakes Are Allowed On The California DMV Motorcycle Knowledge Test?
You can miss up to 6 questions on the California DMV motorcycle knowledge test. Because the California DMV motorcycle written test has 30 questions, you need to provide the right answers to 24 out of 30 questions.
3. How Do I Get My California DMV Motorcycle License?
In order to apply for a motorcycle Class M1 or M2 permit, you are required to follow the steps below:
- Visit your local DMV office (make an appointment(s) for faster service)
- Complete application form DL 44 (Copies of this form will not be accepted.)
- Submit your thumbprint
- Have your photo taken
- Pay the application fee
- Pass a vision test
- Pass a traffic laws and signs exam. You will have three attempts to pass the test.
Once learning from the California Driver and Motorcycle Handbooks, you can call your local DMV to arrange an appointment for the traffic laws and sign exam. After earning your permit, you can apply for your license. To finish the application, you are required to either take a weekend course offered by the California Highway Patrol or opt to sit for the DMV driving test.
3. How Old Do I Have to Be to Get A Motorcycle License In California?
To get a permit and a motorcycle license in California, a driver must be at least 15-½ and 16 years old respectively. This means that you need to drive with a permit for a minimum of six months prior to being qualified for your motorcycle license. Here are extra requirements for drivers who are under 21 years old:
- Proof of successful completion of driver’s education
- Proof of successful completion of driver’s training
- Completed Driver’s License or Identification Card Application (Form DL 44) signed by your parents or legal guardians
4. How Much Does It Cost To Get a Motorcycle License In California?
In California, getting a learner’s permit will cost you $35. Meanwhile, obtaining a motorcycle license will charge you $36 for either an M1 or M2 original license. If you need a duplicate or a name change, you must pay an additional $28.