ILLINOIS DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
An IL motorcycle driver’s license is an official state-issued card that authorizes you to operate a motorcycle, motorized bicycle, moped, or any bicycle with an attached motor. Your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and a physical description will be displayed on the card. Bear in mind that you must bring the card whenever you drive a motor vehicle to save yourself from violating traffic laws.
To earn an IL motorcycle driver’s license, which is administered by The Illinois Secretary of State (SOS) only, you are required to pass the knowledge and skills tests related to the rules of the road and driving skills. Our Free Illinois Motorcycle Practice Test 2022 is available on the Internet which provides you with plenty of simulation practice tests compiled based on the Illinois Motorcycle Operator Manual 2022. Let’s take as much practice as possible to obtain more essential knowledge and familiarize yourself with the test format.
1. What is included in the Illinois DMV Motorcycle Test?
To hit the road with the Illinois Motorcycle License, you are required to pass 2 separate subtests known as The Knowledge Exam and The Road Skills Test.
2. What to expect on the Illinois DMV Motorcycle Written Test?
The Illinois test consists of 15 multiple-choice questions that cover rules of the road, driving laws, riding practices, and information specific to vehicles which are based on the information and concepts found in the IL Motorcycle Operator Manual.
A motorcyclist needs to obtain at least 80% correct answers to pass the test. In other words, if you are able to correctly answer 12 of the 15 questions, you are qualified to be granted The Illinois Motorcycle License. Furthermore, the motorcycle knowledge test can be taken at any county driver’s license office.
3. What to expect on the Illinois DMV Motorcycle skills test?
The rider skill test administered by the Secretary of State’s office is designed to evaluate your vehicle handling skills in an off-street paved area approximately 30 feet by 75 feet while you obey Illinois traffic laws and perform several driving tasks and maneuvers. For instance, you will be tested on your ability to:
- Stop, turn, and swerve quickly
- Accelerate, brake, and turn safely
- Adjust speed and position to the traffic situation
Besides, lines are painted within this area to delineate the following 4 exercises and an equipment check is installed before the examination. If you test on a three-wheeled and four-wheeled motorcycle, a J-11 restriction, and a J-17 will be added respectively.
During the test, your examiners may score you based on the following criteria:
- Select safe speeds to perform maneuvers
- Choose the correct path and stay within boundaries
- Complete normal and quick stops
- Complete normal and quick turns or swerve.
4. What critical mistakes should you avoid on the Illinois DMV Motorcycle skills test?
The test will be abolished if the motorcyclists:
- Commit an unsafe act such as losing control, raising the front wheel of the ground, using excessively high speed, etc.)
- Fall and drop the motorcycle at any time.
- Obtain enough points (11 or more) to constitute a failure.
- Perform their operator exceeding a reasonable time limit.
5. Can you use the manual when taking the Illinois DMV Motorcycle actual test?
No. Using the driver’s manual when sitting for the test is regarded as a kind of cheating and your results will be rejected. Besides, phones and other wireless devices are also prohibited. Let’s study hard to prepare well for the test.
6. Is the Illinois DMV Motorcycle written test hard?
Although the IL Motorcycle Knowledge Test isn’t hard to conquer, many test-takers face psychological problems such as exam anxiety or some haven’t paid enough preparation leading to missing and failing the test. Thus, our Illinois Motorcycle Practice Tests are published with the purpose of providing as much free practice experience as possible to build your knowledge, readiness, and confidence so as to get 100% ready before sitting for the actual exam. Let’s get started right now!
7. How to study for the Illinois DMV Motorcycle Permit Test?
You might not know the fact that 40% of applicants fail their DMV written motorcycle test the first time. Don’t be one of them! Thus, your first step in studying for the Illinois motorcycle permit test is to review the Illinois DMV Motorcycle Handbook Manual covering topics such as group riding, fatigue, carrying loads, crash avoidance and riding gear, etc.
After digesting this core material, you had better take our Free Illinois Motorcycle Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!