ILLINOIS DMV PRACTICE TEST
An Illinois driver’s license is an official card that gives you permission to drive a motor vehicle legally. Your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and a physical description will be displayed on the card. Bear in mind that whenever you drive a motor vehicle, you must bring a card. Besides, everyone must take a written test every eight years.
To earn an IL driver’s license, you are required to excel at knowledge and driving tests which are administered by the state’s official Illinois DMV only and are related to the rules of the road and driving skills. Our Free Illinois DMV Practice Test 2022 is available on the Internet which provides you with plenty of practice tests simulated like the real ones and compiled based on the 2022 Illinois Driver’s Handbook. Let’s take as much practice as possible to obtain more essential knowledge and familiarize yourself with the test format.
1. What is included in the DMV Illinois test?
In Illinois, you are required to accomplish 2 sub-sections of this test, which are known as the Knowledge Test and the Road Test:
- Knowledge test: The Illinois test consists of 35 questions, 15 of which are related to traffic signs, and the other is multiple choice or True - False questions. This test covers Illinois traffic signs by shape, color, or symbols, road signals, traffic laws, safety rules, pavement markings, crash prevention, and vehicle equipment, which are based on information in the Illinois Rules of the Road Manual. You need to obtain at least 80% correct answers or above to ace the test. In other words, if you are able to correctly answer 28 of the 35 questions, you are qualified to be granted the Illinois DMV permit. Bear in mind that no more than 7 mistakes are made.
- Road Test: The test will evaluate your knowledge of a motor vehicle’s basic equipment and measure your ability to operate a vehicle safely while obeying traffic laws and performing several driving tasks and maneuvers. Keep in mind that you bring your own vehicle in good working order with front and rear license plates, registration sticker, and proof of liability insurance. Road tests are administered at Secretary of State facilities, and we recommend that you go to the place that is most convenient for you.
2. Can you use the manual when taking the DMV Illinois actual test?
You are required not to use the manual when sitting for the test because it is regarded as a kind of cheating. Besides, phones and other wireless devices are also prohibited. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t cheat on any portion of the written exam because you will fail and cannot retake the exam within 30 days. Let’s practice more to get ready for the test.
3. What happens if I fail the DMV Illinois test?
If you fail the Illinois DMV test, you will still have two attempts to take the test within a one-year period starting from the date of your first effort before having to renew your IL Learner’s Permit. More specifically, you need to wait for your retake for about 7 days and pay a $7 retest charge. Unless you fail three times, you must restart the licensing process. Keep calm and do your best!
4. Can you take the oral DMV Illinois exam instead of the written one?
Yes. An oral examination in person at any Secretary of State driver’s license facility, Monday through Thursday will be held for those who may have a language barrier or any type of reading or learning disability.
5. How long is the DMV Illinois road test?
The full Illinois road test will fluctuate between 15 and 30 minutes depending on how well you perform. Because of no time limit, your examiner may advise you to move a little faster if there are a lot of applicants waiting for their turn and you're going through the course slowly.
6. What do you need to get your DMV Illinois license?
- Every candidate must provide acceptable documents demonstrating your identity, date of birth, Illinois residency, and written signature verification.
- Applicants who are aged 18 and 20 do not have a valid driver's license have to provide a 6-hour adult driving education and training course as proof of successful completion.
7. How much does it cost to renew a DMV Illinois driver's license?
- Drivers aged from 21 to 68 will be charged $30 for a driver's license renewal.
- Drivers under the age of 20 and seniors between the ages of 69 and 80 pay $5.
- Drivers aged over 81 and over will be charged $2 for a driver's license renewal.
8. How much does it cost to get a DMV Illinois driver's license?
Drivers aged from 18 to 20 must pay a fee of $5, whereas, 21 and 68 - year -old people must pay $30 and those 69 and older must pay $5.
9. Is the Illinois written knowledge test hard?
Although the Illinois DMV Test isn’t hard to ace, many test-takers face psychological problems such as exam anxiety or some haven’t paid enough preparation leading to missing and failing the test. Thus, our Free Illinois DMV Practice Tests are published with the purpose of providing as much free practice experience as possible to build your knowledge, readiness, and confidence so as to get 100% ready before sitting for the actual exam. Let’s get started right now!
10. What benefit can you take from the Illinois DMV Practice Test?
According to a study, 30% of people fail their DMV written test on their first try? Thus, we suggest you take our Illinois DMV practice test. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score.