MASSACHUSETTS DMV MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE TEST
A Massachusetts Motorcycle Driver’s License is an official state-issued card that authorizes you to operate a motorcycle, motorized bicycle, moped, or any bicycle with an attached motor. Your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and a physical description will be displayed on the card. Remember that you must bring the card whenever you drive a motor vehicle to save yourself from violating traffic laws.
To earn a Motorcycle Driver’s License in Massachusetts, which is administered by The Massachusetts Registry Of Motor Vehicle (RMV) only, you are required to pass the knowledge and skills tests related to the rules of the road and driving skills. Our Free Massachusetts Motorcycle Practice Test 2022 is available on the Internet which provides you with plenty of simulation practice tests compiled based on The Massachusetts Motorcycle Manual. Let’s take as much practice as possible to obtain more essential knowledge and familiarize yourself with the test format.
1. What is included in the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle test?
To hit the road with the Massachusetts Motorcycle License, you are required to pass 2 separate subtests known as The Knowledge Exam and On-Cycle Skills Test. Many applicants may also need to pass a vision screening.
2. What to expect on the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle written test?
The Massachusetts test consists of 25 questions that cover rules of the road, driving laws, riding practices, and information specific to vehicles. which are based on the information and concepts found in the Massachusetts Motorcycle Manual.
A motorcyclist needs to obtain at least 72% correct answers to pass the test. In other words, if you are able to correctly answer at least 18 of the 25 questions, you are qualified to be granted The Massachusetts Motorcycle License. Furthermore, the motorcycle knowledge test can be taken at any county driver’s license office.
3. What to expect on the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle skills test?
The on-motorcycle skill test will cover basic vehicle control and crash avoidance skills to determine your ability to handle normal and hazardous traffic situations. Your on-cycle test will test you on:
- “Figure-Eights” and “360° Circles” in both directions without your feet touching the roadway
- Ordinal starts and stops
- Operating in traffic
- Crossing intersections
- Riding up and down hills
Examiners may score on factors related to safety. For example, if motorcyclists:
- Select safe speeds to perform maneuvers.
- Choose the correct path and stay within boundaries
- Complete normal and quick stops
- Complete normal and quick turns or swerves.
*Take note: Your road test examiners may also postpone your skills tests when weather conditions are considered unsafe. Please call the RMV's Phone Center to know if your road test has been canceled.
4. What are common mistakes on the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle road test?
- You were at fault in an accident with another motor vehicle, pedestrian, or
- You were driving in a way that may have caused an accident or in a way the RMV examiner considered dangerous.
- You violate a motor vehicle law, rule, or regulation.
- You demonstrate a lack of experience safely operating a motorcycle.
- You refuse to follow the RMV examiner’s instructions.
- You drive contrary to the RMV examiner’s instruction
*Take note: If you don’t pass 2 motorcycle road tests for a Class M license, you are required to enroll in and successfully complete the basic riding course approved by the RMV prior to scheduling another road test.
You will be charged the road test fee in case
- You fail the road test
- You are unprepared for the road test
- You are refused the road test because your motorcycle fails to pass the RMV examiner’s inspection
- You fail to appear for or are late for your road test
- You cancel or reschedule your road test less than seventy-two (72) hours before your scheduled test time
5. Can you use the manual when taking the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle actual test?
No. Using the driver’s manual when sitting for the test is regarded as a kind of cheating and your results will be rejected. Besides, phones and other wireless devices are also prohibited. Let’s study hard to prepare well for the test.
6. Is the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle written test hard?
Although the MA Motorcycle Knowledge Test isn’t hard to conquer, many test-takers face psychological problems such as exam anxiety or some haven’t paid enough preparation leading to missing and failing the test. Thus, our MA Motorcycle Practice Tests are published with the purpose of providing as much free practice experience as possible to build your knowledge, readiness, and confidence so as to get 100% ready before sitting for the actual exam. Let’s get started right now!
7. How to study for the Massachusetts DMV Motorcycle Permit Test?
You might not know that 40% of applicants fail their DMV written motorcycle test the first time. Don’t be one of them! Thus, your first step in studying for the Indiana motorcycle permit test is to review the MA DMV Motorcycle Handbook Manual covering topics such as laws, vehicle requirements, operator requirements, and safety tips.
After digesting this core material, head over to our Free Massachusetts Motorcycle Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!