MASSACHUSETTS DMV PRACTICE TEST
If you aspire to become a Massachusetts driver, you need to equip yourself with a state-issued Massachusetts driver’s license which is granted to those who pass the required tests and prove your lawful presence in the USA. The driving card will display your full name, date of birth, mailing address, signature, photo, and physical description. Keep in mind that you must have a Massachusetts DMV license card whenever you drive a motor vehicle.
The MA Driver’s Permit Test which is administered by the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) requires test takers to excel at knowledge and driving car tests - the Commonwealth of Massachusetts issues 5 license classes. Our Free Massachusetts DMV Practice Test 2022 is available to access free which provides you with a number of practice tests simulated as the real exams and compiled based on The Massachusetts RMV Handbook. Besides, the exam is administered by automated testing equipment which possesses touch screens and audio assistance. Let’s take as much practice as possible to obtain more essential knowledge and familiarize yourself with the test format.
1. What does the Massachusetts DMV test consist of?
The Massachusetts DMV Test includes 2 parts: The knowledge Test aka Written Test and the Road Test:
- Knowledge test: On the Massachusetts written test, you are required to answer 25 multiple-choice questions regarding rules of the road, road signs, alcohol misuse, suspensions, and Junior Operator Law (JOL) violations within 25minutes. If you answer at least 18 questions correctly, you will deserve to be granted the Massachusetts DMV permit.
- Road Test: The test will evaluate your knowledge of a motor vehicle’s basic equipment and measure your ability to operate a vehicle safely under normal traffic conditions. It should be noted you must schedule your test appointment online via Mass.gov or by phone at 866-627-7768. Besides, you might cancel or reschedule your road test online or through the RMV Contact Center. Let’s arrive 15 minutes before the test starts, otherwise, you won’t be tested and will have to pay another road test fee.
2. Can you use the MA Driver’s Manual or other reference material when taking the actual knowledge test?
No. The Driver's Manual, other reference materials, or electronic devices are prohibited during the test time. If your cheating is detected, you will fail and won't be allowed to hold any type of driver's license or permit for 60 days. Thus, study hard and do the test on your own.
3. Is the Massachusetts DMV test available in other languages but English?
The test is available in different 34 language versions for those who are facing the language barrier. If you cannot find the language you want on the list provided, the Registrar's Office will make arrangements with an interpreter service and the manager to schedule your exam.
4. Can you take the oral face-to-face Massachusetts DMV exam?
Oral face-to-face exams are always available if you provide written documentation that confirms the nature of your disability. However, the oral test is in English only. Please call 857-368-8105 and leave a message that includes your name, telephone number, your request, and the 24-service center where you are going to take your exam to request the service in advance.
5. What happens if I fail the Massachusetts DMV test?
You can retake the MA DMV Test as early as possible on the next working day if the appointment is available. Furthermore, you will be charged a fee of $30 each time to retry. It should be noted that you are authorized to retake the driving test up to 6 times in one year.
6. How much does a Massachusetts DMV driver's license cost?
A Massachusetts operator’s license normally costs a $115 fee. Most service centers accept cash, check money orders, as well as credit or debit cards. Please check with the site you'll be visiting to see what they allow.
7. What common errors should you avoid in the MA DMV test?
In the written test, one of the most common mistakes is due to not knowing enough information in the manual because people study solely with practice tests. Hence, make sure you read the manual carefully first. Another mistake could be rushing through questions without reviewing or double-checking. Thus, let’s take your time and remember what you have studied and read.
In the road test, we should avoid some critical driving errors, otherwise, you will fail automatically such as:
- Collide with another motor vehicle, pedestrian, or object.
- Drive dangerously to yourself and others.
- Violate a motor vehicle law, rule, or regulation.
- Lack of experience safely operating a vehicle.
- Not follow the examiner's instructions.
8. How to prepare for the MA DMV test?
You can study the Massachusetts RMV Handbook as all questions you might encounter on the actual exam are based on the information provided there. Don’t forget to take our Free MA DMV Practice Test on a regular basis so as to perfect your performance. With huge questions raised in our easy-to-use website and app, we assure you that you will successfully pass the DMV test with a flying score. Install or download our applications now on the App Store and Google Play to practice and get a high score, it is totally FREE!